Thursday, January 5, 2023

Jan 2023




 Wow where has the time gone. since I lasted posted at the end of Oct. I was working on a Quilt of Valor that has been completed I just need to get a picture of the top and then send it off to a quilter.   On the quilting front I dug out an old project Eureka a Jackie Robinson pattern. I know why I put it away it has a lot of little pieces. you cut strips at 1 3/4 inches an put them together in different styles of something like a log cab block. I now have two sets done on the quilt each set has around 20 blocks in it and around 6 or 7 rounds with strips sewn to strips then added to the square. 

The next set only needs 4 blocks made I have been cutting that out and it has gone well so far. It is just a lot of little pieces. 

Ok on the health front it has been another roller coaster ride. I had a pet scan done earlier and that found a hot spot in the uterus. So, I completed radiation and during that had a biopsy done and they found cancer in the uterus. So, the 7 of Dec. I completed radiation and then on Dec 21 had surgery and they took out the female parts. I have been doing fine from that so tomorrow I meet with the OBGYN surgeon and a different radiation Dr and find out the next plan. I am guessing we are talking more radiation hopefully not as much or as long a run but either way it will have to happen as I want the cancer gone and dealt with and life to become more normal. (if there is a normal). 

I will try and add some pictures in tomorrow once we get home so you can see all the fun and games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...