Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Well we had rain, we had snow, and I don't know what else out there. Though the western part of the state seem to be rather burden with snow.

It is icy and walking is not a lot of fun but I think the worst of it is done for now.

I spent the day dealing with the http://neiqg.com web site. In the computer reformat I lost my guild web site file and all the info in it. So I proceded to recreate the site. It is not done but a good start was made. Then when I went to upload it to the server nothing worked. I e-mailed tech support but that did not help much. I finally used the program uploaded the site to the personel web space that my internet provider give me. Then I used an FTP file program and moved the files from there to a folder on my lap top and then moved them to the guild web site server.

Talk about the long way around. I then called go daddy tech support the location of the server and talked to them. At first they were blaming the program I was using. When I could upload to a totally different server that did not work any longer.

I have a feeling that some setting on their server needed tweeking and then I could upload what I needed to upload. Since I could get in with the other program and I could used the program I create the web site in to move things to my internet provider server. The problem was not on my end. Let's just say I was getting a little fustrated.

Oh well it is all up now and I should be able to tweek it over the next couple weeks and get the rest of the links and info updated.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. I would be totally lost - I do not understand how the computer works and not sure if anyone could even walk me through it! Sounds like you wee busy.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...