Sunday, September 2, 2012

Busy Labor Day weekend

Well I had to work on Friday and it was a slow day no ambulance calls but I did get two Sock Monkeys done.
 DSCF2949
I had stichted up the body parts and had them ready to go with me Friday morning and so I spent the day stuffing the different parts and sewing on the arms, tail, mouth and ear’s. I then brought them home and Saturday was able to put on the button eyes and stitch the mouths in. They each have a humbug bag to go with them out of sock monkey fabric.  They went to the Fayette Community Library for the Friends of the Library silent auction.  Then after I had them finished up I had cut out some fabric to make three bags. The same pattern just different lay out of fabric stripes.
DSCF2950
It is a messenger bag and with a zipper top closer
DSCF2951
It did come out pretty well. I do think the curve on the front pocket is a little off but then I guess that makes it hand crafted.
So that was yesterdays busy work I really need to do something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...