Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yesterday was a clean day

  I spent most of yesterday cleaning some shelves in our bed room I hate to admit how much dust had accumulated on the shelves and things on the shelves. So now it is all clean up and I found some sweat shirts that hubby pulled out to get rid of in a pile. Plus 3 old clothes hampers that were plastic and broken on the sides and just needed to be gotten rid of.

Yesterday was trash day so I got things all clean up and put in the appropriate piles and out the door. After getting that done I started doing a bag called a professional tote

I got all the pieces cut except for one  the two side panels the fabric I got for the out side of the bag was only 40 inches wide and the pattern yardage was for 45 inch wide an so I am short the two side panels.

I checked with several of the local shops of coarse I got this fabric down in Kalona and that is like a 2 1/2 hour drive one way. No way am I going to do that kind of run for this.  So of coarse no one I called carried that line or had that fabric. so I called the shop in Kalona and asked if they could send me some.

The person I was speaking to was looking around the shop and not finding the fabric. I am like thinking great no fabric now what am I going to do but she did find it the last of the bolt had been cut up into some fat quarters thank goodness the pieces I need are only 15 inches and the fat quarters are 20 x  so I was saved. I gave her my credit card number and ask to have it sent to me. I am hoping it is in the mail today.

Then I can work on getting this project under way there is some sewing of pockets and parts before I get to the side so that is on the agenda for today and then checking the mail to see if what I need arrived yet.

So time to get at it. Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...