Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kidney Stones

End of Aug and first week or so of Sept has been quite the adventure. I ended up in ER on 25th for Kidney stones and got some pain medications and a MRI to see what was going on. The stones were quite large and the ER Dr was not sure if it would pass or not.

So Monday was not to bad and I went to work but Tue things were starting to fire up again so I called and made an appointment with a urologist. The first day I could get in was Wed morning early as the hospital is a 2 hour drive hubby and I were up early and made the trip. Saw the Dr. and he looks at the MRI and says you need surgery. I can see about scheduling you for today or we can set this up later in the week. Well we were there and had the time so I had surgery and they tried to break up the stones using sound waves.

Well that did not work as planned the stone would not break up so after 2 weeks and a follow up appointment I had laser surgery last Thursday and they were able to break up the stone and capture part of it. So now I will hopefully find out why I am making the stones I hope.

I am so ready for this to be done and figure out what is going on so that maybe I will not end up with more stones. We can only hope.

It been a long couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...