Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day

I sit here at work and should be adding some things to the NEIQG Web Site instead I am messing on the computer reading some blogs and thinking about a book series I just finished reading called Razorland Series, by Ann Aguirre there are 3 books in the set and I think they are really in what I would call young adult books but I found the series on line via my library web site and have really enjoyed the set. Amazon readers give the books 4 1/2 stars.


  • New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters--or Freaks--who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight--guided by Fade's long-ago memories--in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs.


While listen to them I was cleaning up around the house since our son and daughter - in - law came to visit this weekend along with there three doggies. It was fun busy weekend and today they left and I got up an came to work.


I did find a little time when the kids (well they will always be the kids to us even thought they are well into there 30's) went out with friends to sew on my paper piece quilt blocks I ran out of the cream/white fabric I was using so I found a substitute and I will just mix them up in the top and I don't know that it will be a big deal. I think it will just look like a planned thing instead of oops I ran out now what. I will have to take a picture of that later once I am home again.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...