Sunday, January 24, 2010

bag and a new project

I am posting a picture of the new purse that I did finish it I ended up using some of the buttons that were for the pocket area to hold the handles in place. The two bottons on each side where the handles are attached were to go along the side of the purse and I don't miss them from that location at all and think they work well at the top since I had to have a way to secure the handles the buttons are large and cover up the sewing I had to do to attach the handles to the top of the purse.

I am adding a photo of the finished purse. I love the style of it but it is soft and kind of floppy so not sure that I would make another one still it is a cute style and organizes well the stuff you seem to carry around. :) I had thought to put a card board bottom in it to give it a little more stability but not sure I am going to do that. I may as time goes by.





I also finished off a iron on mini wall quilt last night. It is all ironed together and now it needs quilting to stabilize the top and finish it off. I love the picture it is a kit I picked up at Forest Mills Quilt shop up near Postville IA. The quilt is by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.
and called "Over the Fence"

It is a Raw Edge Aqqlique Landscape Wall hanging not sure the photo here does it justice.

I definately like the look of this one and then the quilting will secure it all down. I will work on machine quilting it and I used Heat and Bond light as my iron down for the item I am thinking it could use a couple more leave on it but I will look at it a day or two before I decided.

1 comment:

  1. I like the fabric that you used for your bag! I made a bag once and wished I would have used a cardboard type of cut out for the bottom to stabilize, I think I would have used it more if I had. Love the daisies on the wall hanging.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...