Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bag is going slow

Well after a run of nights I am back to a normal work day. 7 am to 3 pm. oops need to be thinking in military time now days. 700 to 1500. So much to learn and so many things to deal with. I am having fun testing my brain and putting it to work a little bit more.

Working at my other job (bakery) after being there for such a time I could do a lot of it with out a lot of thought it just flowed. Things like frosting donuts do not require a lot of concentration so it would let my mind wander it really made for times that I would come up with some good ideas and some rather wild and crazy thoughts too. You never knew what one thing would lead to another.

Today was a 3 shop hop we (my self and a friend) did not go to all 3 shops stop at the one that is closer Forest Mill's Quilt shop by Postville, Iowa. Found some things that I wanted to try plus picked up a couple kits. I also needed something to use for handles on my bag that I showed photos of earlier. I wandered thru the fabric but did not see anything that really struck my fancy. I was talking to one of the gals there saying I was looking for a fabric for a bag/purse that I was making out of towels. Told her the colors and she said Oh we have the red plaid towels and it was the same as what I had. So I got one and will use that as the handle. I think I am going to get a 4 d rings to add to the bag to hook the handles to the bag will decided later tonight. I may also just stitch them on and maybe use a few less buttons around the pocket area's lower and put a couple on the top of the bag instead to disguise where I am sewing the handles on. Decisions Decisions!

Shopping trip booty!!!

After stopping at Forest Mill's Quilt shop we circled home thru Decorah and stop at Pineneedles shop. They were listed on the shop list for the professional bag pattern I have been lusting after. Well I asked if they had it and one of the clerks thought they might. So she went looking and we wandered the shop looking around. No luck on the bag I wanted but they had some other patterns and I found a purse called Six in the City that I decided I really wanted this pattern.
http://www.artful-offerings.com/purses_&_totes.htm (pattern is about half way down the page)

Now I need to get at it and work on some of these new projects.

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a good shopping trip!It is always nice to find some things that you like. I spent the day cleaning and organizing my fabric once again.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...