Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Job and project back up front and center

Well I am surviving my new job. My head is still spining but I am slowly getting a handle on it. Learning all the different systems that make up what I am trying to learn to do. I deal with 6 computer monitors and 4 mice and LOL finding the right mouse for the right screen is sometimes and interesting challenge. Still it does make sense I just need to practice to learn what to do quickly and that is just going to have to take time.

Today I am going to go check in on my bakery person to see how she is doing. It is her first day on her own and then I also need to check on what needs ordered for the rest of the week's supplies.

Then I am going to try and head off to bed and sleep for a while. Since tonight I go to work at 11:00pm (2300) and will be on 3rd shift for the rest of the week.

Depending on when I wake up today I hope to start working on a purse that is in the Art to Heart book Cider Mill Road. I got the tea towels to make the bag in Aug. Cut off the sides that needed done and then did up the top section but needed some buttons to go on it. Well that kind of put it all to a hault. Found the buttons at a shop last month but the holidays slowed down progress on this.

The other day I found the buttons so decided that I was going to dig out the project and see if I could get it done. So will see how it goes today and when I wake up.

2 comments:

  1. Is the new job going to be full time Arlene? you are going to be so busy I bet you don't get much quilting done. Working 3rd shift - yuk - I hope you get the computer system figured out fast.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the job is classified as part time but for the 6 month training period I will be working a 40 hour week then it will go to a fill in position. So I am hoping that will mean 2 to 4 shifts a week but no guarentee on that part. So happy my other boss is willing to work with me thru the training period.

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...