Sunday, March 21, 2010

This is the new quilt I have the first row on the flanel wall to see it and to make sure I put the block together correctly. The pattern is called Summer Breeze and is a queen size quilt 89 x 89 or in that range since I don't think my out side border fabric is as wide as the designers.

The pattern is designed by Wendy Congdon an her pattern company name is Truly Materialistic. I fell in love with this pattern a while back then waited to purchase it on sale from a local quilt shop. Country Calico up by Gunder, IA a fun shop that is out in the country and owned by Mary Anne Keppler.

So if you are heading out to take a drive this is a fun shop to go to and then there is a bar/resturant near by in Gunder called the Irish Shanty. They were on the Iowa PBS show recently for their huge Gunder Burgers and more.

So a fun idea for an outing.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting pattern - I have not seen that one before.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is going to be really nice when it's done.

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...