Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today for lunch I made this recipe.

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home Cooking School issue that was on the newstand at this time. It really sounded good and I had gotten some Bow Tie pasta from food coop and thought ohh I want to make this recipe.

Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta


1 cup bow tie pasta
2 strips bacon
1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms ( you could used canned)
2 Tablespoons chopped onions ( I used a lttle more)
1 clove garlic minced (I used 1 teaspoon of grated garlic from a jar)
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup cream of chicken soup undiluted
1/3 cup 2% milk
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
2 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 salt optional
1/8 pepper
2 teaspoons grated Parmesan I probably used 1/4 cup

Cook pasta; mean while in a large skillet fry the bacon until crispy remove from skillet and drain on paper towel  reserve 1 tablespoon of the grease. In the drippings fry mushrooms and onions until tender add garlic sauté for one min. Stir in chicken, peas, soup, milk, mustard, honey, parsley, salt, pepper, and bacon cook and stir over med heated through drain pasta add to skillet and toss to coat.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
 
Notes:  Well lunch is over and it was good though I thought the honey would do a little more to sweeten the sauce then it did. The mustard kind of overpowered the rest of it and I was surprised at that since it was only 1 T. It was good and not to complicated though now I need to find something to do with the other half of the can of cream of chicken soup before it spoils in the refrigerator and becomes one of those strange science experiments.
 
I don't know if I had posted on here that I am the main Bakery at our small town grocery store. Well this was my Saturday to get up and make the donuts. I got there and had quite a bit to do. Most of the breads had disappeared over the last 24 hours now that is not really a bad thing that way no mark down and it sure helps keep things fresh. (fresh is always best) 
 
It was a busy morning between all the breads and then making donuts. I think I about sold out of donuts today. It sure makes it feel like it was worth getting up when things are selling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...