Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quilting by Hand

I seem to be into hand work right now. I put this quilt in the frame and have been working on it for the last couple days.  I made this top as part of a class a while ago using some feed sack fabrics and other prints that I felt like they fit in with the group.

I am quilting around the V shape or partial boxes. The units are like card tricks only on it's side or in a row instead of in a square block.  I marked the border with a chalk pencil and not sure that is working out well with my moving around on the swivel of the frame. I have a grace hoop frame on a stand and it is working out to quilt this perfectly other then I am rubbing off the lines I drew on the border. Oh well cannot have it all I guess.

1 comment:

  1. What I do when quilting in a hoop or on my frame is mark the design as I go then it doesn't rub off. It looks nice and glad to see you are hand quilting!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...