Thursday, May 12, 2022

May 12

 I have gotten the fabric I ran out of Yeah!!! 

Unfortunately, I have not gotten back to stitching the last two blocks. Why you may ask but the chemo I had on the 29th really kicked me in the but. I spent a lot of time sleeping and just feeling kind of blah. Really to be expected and I still feel lucky as I have not experienced the nausea that a lot of times goes with the chemo I have been given. 

Then we have been having lots of cool weather but that came to a screeching halt and we went from 60 degree temps to 90 degree temps and steamy weather. Of course the furnace that we put in new need the coolant put back in as they had to evacuate it when they put the new furnace in.  So the house has been steamy and warm thank goodness for ceiling fans as they are making things tolerable that is for sure. 

That being said not only have we replaced the furnace the water heater decided to start leaking so we had to get that replaced still not a big deal just one of those little annoyance that seem to happen. The good part is Fred was able to do the work on that one so all we had to do was go get it and move it to the basement. 

Then as this week started out fine I am starting to feel better which is normally how it goes on week two. that means I feel like catching up on some house chores and so laundry was part of the adventure. (Now do you wonder why I mention laundry!!) It is part of the theme for 2022 the washer was started on Tue. morning and then I went to check on it as I had not heard it in a bit and found that it had just decided to quit working. Yep some water had run into the machine and then it quit I did my normal checks unplug it and plug it back in hit the power button nothing. So great! it has died. 

It has been being a little temperamental on an off I have one cycle that would not spinout the water in the towels well plus everyone in a while the machine just would not do anything, and I had to unplug it and plug it back in. So yesterday I spent shopping to replace the washer and the dryer as we have stacked units and if one dies you have to replace both of them so they can stack on top of each other. After going to several appliance stores and listening to the sales pitches I found a washer and dryer at Appliance Plus in Oelwein. Price was good and they are delivering on Monday.  

Feel sorry for Fred as he needs to get the water out of the old washer so it can dry out for a couple days so when they haul it out it doesn't trail lots of water thru the house when they take it out. 

So, cross your fingers or say a prayer that this adventure called life doesn't take to many crazy turns in the near future

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...