Tuesday, June 28, 2022

June 28,

 Hi all 



It has been a while and I decided I better get busy and do an update I am on week 5 of chemo I will have my 5th treatment on Friday. So that way I am on countdown to be done with Chemo.

I have my up days and my down days. This morning I started very up and then after a bit I seem to be a little down, but I am now doing just fine this afternoon. 

I been working on the last three rows left in reflection quilt. I am about halfway thru the 2nd row. I hope to have the top together by this weekend as we are getting company and so all that will be left is the 2 1/2 in border and a pieced border that I not sure it my favorite but I don't have any ideas to change it so I will just finish as the pattern is written. The pattern shorted me so far in two fabrics one of them I had to go an get a little more as it was the background for the dresden plate blocks and it just had to be the right size etc the next one is a purple that is one of the sashing strips around the outside. I had fabric but had to piece one of the 10 1/2 in strips together for it to be long enough. So after thinking about it that is what I did piece two strips together and then cut it to the 10 1/2 in size I don't think anyone will really notice in the overall and if they do well to bad. 


This is a picture of the blocks laid out for the first time I had the dresden plate a little mixed around but that got fixed before the sewing started 


The below picture is the top half sewn together the outer sashing looks black but it is a deep purple color. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...