Saturday, July 2, 2022

7/1/2022

 The center of the quilt is done I have two borders to add to it and then it will be completed an ready for me to find a backing and get it off to a quilter. 



I really like the center of this top it came out really fun as it takes the 4 block and the sashing to make the center star. The top so far has gone together like a dream no issues that I can see so far even after taking a photo that usually makes a mistake pop out.



Yesterday was Chemo Day and it had an interesting twist a couple numbers in blood work were low so we ended up having to wait for the nurse to make a call to LaCrosse to see if I could have Chemo or not. It took a while as my regular oncologist was off. We all need a few vacation days. So that meant the Dr. nurse in LaCrosse had to find the on-call Dr that was covering to find out if they should proceed or not. 

After the wait that was not really awful in medicine you learn to be patient that is for sure we got a green light so hopefully the numbers don't keep dropping they have reduced the amount of in the dosage as it is starting to mess with my feet and hands, I am getting a tingle in then that is hanging in there for the week. A sign that we are watching as if it gets too bad, they will probably have to stop or reduce things even more as I don't want this symptom to be a permanent thing and that is a possibility. 

The other side effect that is not being nice is the metalic taste. Nothing really tastes good and that makes eating a real not fun thing. Plus, my favorite beverage tastes awful not diet Coke in my future for a while and chocolate is another failure to eat.  Things with lemon in them seem to cut the taste a little but not for long. Oh well only 4 more treatments to go and then a 4 to 6 weeks of recovery from the Chemo and we schedule the mastectomy

So, in the meantime I work on my quilt top and have been watching some videos of the new Tabletastic from Doug Leko and really thinking I may want to try my hand at making the 20 table runners in the book they are all interesting to look at and it would be a fun challenge maybe also the challenge is going to be to see if I can make them completely from the stash. There is a lot of fabric in that closet. I think the Fat Quarter shop has it on sale, but I do have a fair amount of thank you gift money from the Picket Fence in PDC wonder if they have the book. 

Granted I should be working on a couple other projects I have tops done and I am thinking about quilting them myself. Oh, what to do what to do.  Welcome to leave a comment and help me decided. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...