Monday, August 22, 2022

Aug 22, 2022

 Well, it has been a while since I have posted on here. Where the time goes, I do not know. I finished Chemo on the 28th of July and am now wishing that the numb fingers and toes were gone but they are hanging on it is getting lighter but not gone. That makes typing hard to do as I find I misspell things due to typing error of numb fingers. (Thank goodness for spell check) 

I now have a date for surgery of Aug 30th. so have been busy putting bindings on quilts I have had a log cabin flannel quilt hanging out wanting to be bound along with Reflections it is done and quilted. So the last few days I have been working on binding. I tried something different for these two quilts and stitched the binding to the back pulled to the front and then machine stitched it down. It was a wrestling match, but they are both done. 

The guild has a quilt show in Oct. 15 and 16 so that means a push to finish things up and I don't know how I will feel about quilting or sewing after surgery, so I am spending a lot of time in the sewing room working on finishes. 

Another event going on is our house is getting sided. We ordered the siding over a year ago from the local lumberyard (right across the street) and they were to put it on. Life got busy for Roger, and he just did not have the time to do the job, so recommended Echo Valley Construction and they are here working on the siding. When they are here, I say we have woodpeckers at work. Last week they tore off all the old siding and have added blown in insulation and now we are getting siding. Our house is a Victorian style not a lot of extra details but there are some. Under the windows on the north side, we had vertical bead board. We are going with cream accents around the window and borders under the window that connect the upstairs window and downstairs window and that will have horizontal siding between these accents. The front window (west side) the windows are wider and will have a chevron design under them and the same thing on the (south side). The east side is the back of the house and will be rather plain but that is the plan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...