Sunday, February 26, 2023

Feb 26, 2023

Feb 7 guild meeting was a zoom event with Karla of Cherrywood fabric and learned about the history of Cherrywood fabric. It was a lovely program with a lot of information about Cherrywood and also about the yearly challenge and how the theme is selected each year. 

Then on the 8th of Feb we had a zoom class with Karla with the pattern Chop Suey as the project for class. I selected two different 8 step bundles of fat quarter for the project. I do not remember the names of the bundles one was a bundle I have had for a while and the other was a bundle I picked up at Once Block Over before the class. I have pitched the labels and do not remember what they were called. (I did go to the website, but they don't seem to have that grouping at this time.) 

During class it was suggested to add one fabric in addition to the Cherrywood and I had the perfect piece that went with my colors so that is the quilt I worked on.  After cutting out the squares needed to make the top and laying it out, I realized that I want to go a little larger so am going to need to get one more 8 step bundle. So, on Tue. that will be the plan to stop in at One Block Over and see what I can pick out.  I may find the same bundle or add another to the quilt after checking on what I can find. 



As you can see this covers the top of the queen size guest bed, but it just covers the top and I think I would like it to be a full queen size top over a full-size top. that it stands at now.  I am still playing with where to put what, but it is very eclectic in design. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...