Saturday, August 21, 2010

Well it has been a wild week

At the end of last week Fred got the word he has two more weeks and is unemployed. So then we will see what happens next.

I have been listening to a new book called the Good Children by Kate Wilhelm 

It started with a promise, a pact. It became a secret that no one must tell: that their parents were dead and gone, including the one they'd buried in the backyard.

Now the McNair children are growing older, discovering love, college, and careers. But their lie haunts them. Their home holds them captive. Only the horrifying truth of their mother's death can set the children free. And only the truth can destroy them all.

I started out thinking this book was not for me but then I finished Fever Dream by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child and wanted something else to listen to so the Good Children was still on my iPod so I turned to it and got hooked I have about about half of the last section to listen to.

I made a little bag the other day and really like how it came out so am going to work on a second one in the pattern. using some tea theme fat quarters that have been sitting around.

I then got the pattern for a bag called the professional bag I think that is my next project if I have the right color zippers for it. If not I may have to put that one off until I can order some from a place called Home Sew. They have some good prices on things from there.

2 comments:

  1. Is that book on Neibors? I've listened to other things by Wilhlm and really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the book is on Neibors and it starts out slow as I said but it got really good the more I listen :)

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...