Thursday, August 18, 2011

Coconut Macaroon Cookies

Well today I am testing a recipe for something I need to make at work tomorrow.

I was going to make Coconut Macaroon cookies with a package of coconut, 1 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk and 2 t of vanilla.

The Sweetened condensed milk I had in the house has been on the shelf for a while and when I opened it the color looked off and since it has gone well past the used by date I decided that was a waste of my time and a bag of coconut that is not exactly cheap. 

So I looked at the side of the bag of coconut and there was a recipe.

Bakers Coconut Macaroon Cookies

1 pkg of (14 oz) Bakers Angel Flake Coconut
2/3 cup of sugar
6 T of flour
1/4 t salt
4 egg Whites
1 tsp almond extract

Blend the coconut, sugar, flour and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract untili well blended, Drop by Tablespoonful onto greased and floured cookies sheet.

Bake at 325 for 20 min or until edges of cookies are golden brown, immediately remove from cookie sheets to wire rack. Cool completelely makdes 3 dozen or 18 servings 2 cookies each

My NOTES:

Ok I did as instructed and  then used an 18/8 cookies scoop to put them on the pan.  I used parchment paper instead of greasing and flouring the pan.  I only got 2 dozen cookies and not 3 dozen. Probably bigger then they are suppose to be we will see.

Cookies in the Oven sorry it is low light after 10 min.
I set the timer for 10 more min and will see how they come out.


cookies after 20 min in the oven
 So now I have to wait until they cool down to give them a try but they do look pretty, nice shape and good color and they seem to be holding together well the almond adds a nice scent to the coconut.  They look like they are not sticking to the parchment paper and that sure saves on the clean up.

I am thinking this is the recipe I will make tomorrow I have an order for a dozen Macaroon cookies and a dozen Monster cookies. The recipe with the sweetened condensed milk might of been easier but this recipe came out looking good and that is half the battle. Things that look good and smell good usually follow thru with flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...