Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hmm what to do what to do

I seem to be in a repeative mood lately.

This was my Saturday to work that went pretty normal. Had two special orders nothing big deal dinner rolls for the Catholic Church dinner and then Pies for several people that did not want to make there own for the dinner.

I knew pecan pie was expensive but I just priced it out today and it cost over 8 dollars for just the ingredients for the pie. I had orders for 3 Pecan pie so did up a 4th one. Worked out well the boss's wife was making one and so she took the last one and they are all gone. :)

Got a note from Menards today the dishwasher that was ordered last week is finaly in transit to the store for our pick up. Wonder how long that will take to get from the warehouse to Waterloo store. So far the wait is almost a week long.

I started a new book I am now listening to THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer the Author of the Twilight set of books. This is to be an adult book and is starting out rather interesting in that the world is being taken over by a group of aliens that take posession of your body and you do not realize it is happening. That is about as far as I am. Those kind of movies are not usually my cup of tea but this book is not to bad but I am only about an hour into it and there are like 18 parts and each one is a little over an hour long.

Well off to work on some laundry and quilt top I have not done a lot with that this week.

2 comments:

  1. didn't realize pecan pie was so expensive to make - truth be told I have only made a couple of them in my life - easier to pick one up and they usually taste close to the same as one you would make at home.
    Hope the dishwasher arrives soon
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when 1 1/2 cups of pecans cost $4.59 it makes for an expensive pie. Plus that is not even a half a pound I think it is like 6 oz. I know I buy them in bulk and they are more like 5 to 6 dollars a lb. Still not cheap.

    ReplyDelete

March 24, 2023

 Well today was my last day of radiation happy to no be driving back and forth to LaCrosse everyday. It seem like forever then it was like o...